Tripp Lite USB-C CFast 2.0 Card Reader USB 3.1 Gen 1 SATA III Adapter - U438-CF-SATA-5G
Quickly Downloads Photos and Videos from a CFast 2.0 Card to Your Laptop or MacBook
This card reader and adapter provides a fast and simple way to download photos and videos from a CFast memory card to a computer. Ideal for photographers and videographers, this unit connects to your computer, laptop, MacBook, Chromebook, Ultrabook, tablet or hub's USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 port via its built-in cable. Just insert your CFast 1.0 or 2.0 memory card into the unit's slot to transfer high-resolution image and video files in a hurry. A blue LED indicates when the CFast card is ready for reading or writing.
Also Connects a 2.5 in. SATA Drive to Your Computer, Laptop, Netbook, Tablet or Hub
This unit is also recommended for backing up important data, retrieving old data and storing new data without the time, trouble and expense of installing a SATA drive inside your computer. Just connect a 2.5-inch SATA III, II or I hard disc drive (HDD) or solid state drive (SSD) up to 2 TB to the adapter, which allows you to download data to your computer or use the SATA drive as extra storage space. A red LED indicates when the SATA drive is ready for reading or writing. The SATA drive and CFast memory card can both be used at the same time.
Transfers Data at Fast USB 3.1 Gen 1 Speeds
The adapter supports USB 3.1 Gen 1 data transfer rates up to 5 Gbps, which is 10 times faster than USB 2.0. It's backward compatible with previous USB generations, allowing you to use it with older equipment. It also reads data up to 70 percent faster and writes up to 40 percent faster when connected to a UASP-enabled host controller.
Reversible USB-C Connector Attaches in Either Direction
Unlike traditional USB cables that connect in only one direction, the reversible USB-C male connector plugs into a USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 port in either direction for a fumble-free connection every time.
It's Plug-and-Play, So You Can Begin Transferring Important Files Right Away
No software, drivers or external power is needed. The adapter works with all major operating systems, including Windows, Mac and Linux. The portable unit is about the size of a credit card, so you can easily take it with you in a backpack, briefcase, laptop bag or even your pocket.
- Transfer high-definition video and image files between a digital camera or camcorder and your computer or laptop
- Load a file onto a SATA drive or CFast memory card at the office for presenting on a different computer elsewhere
- Temporarily store data that cannot be emailed to another computer or uploaded to cloud storage
- Device with a USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 port (USB 3.1 Gen 1 compatibility required to achieve USB 3.1 Gen 1 speeds)
- CFast memory card
- 2.5 in. SATA HDD or SSD up to 2 TB
- Any major operating system that complies with USB standards
- Ideal for photographers and videographers who need to upload large files quickly
- Supports USB 3.1 Gen 1 speeds up to 5 Gbps to ensure fast data transfers
- Compatible with 2.5 in. SATA I, II and III HDDs and SSDs up to 2 TB
- Works with all major operating systems, including Windows, Mac and Linux
- Reversible USB-C plug connects in either direction for immediate no-fuss use
- 3-year limited warranty