Sony 50mm f/1.4 Lens for Sony Alpha Digital SLR Camera
Product Description Sony 50mm f/1.4 Lens for Sony Alpha Digital SLR Camera From the Manufacturer 50mm F1.4 Prime Lens The stunning clarity and contrast delivered by the 50mm F1.4 lens proves that it is one of the finest in its class. The combination of F1.4 maximum aperture and circular aperture design makes it possible to elicit silky-smooth defocusing effects to enhance dimensionality and isolate important visual elements. This is a lens that should should be part of every serious photo enthusiasts's toolkit. Technology Circular Aperture When changing your aperture to defocus the background, the light sources appear blurred. This ?bokeh? effect of the blurred background can be enhanced with circular aperture blades used in this lens. Conventional aperture blades have flat sides creating unappealing polygonal shaped defocussed points of light. ? lenses overcome this problem through a unique design that keeps the aperture almost perfectly circular from its wide-open setting to when it is closed by 2 stops. Smoother, more natural defocusing can be obtained as a result. Distance encoder The distance encoder plays an integral part in ADI flash metering, which delivers high precision flash metering that is unaffected by the reflectance of subjects or backgrounds. The distance encoder is a lens component that directly detects the position of the focusing mechanism, and sends a signal to the CPU in order to measure distance to the subject. During flash photography, this data is very useful in calculating how much flash output is appropriate to the scene. 2008 Sony Electronics, Inc. All rights reserved. Sony, the Sony logo, Alpha, ?α? and Super SteadyShot are trademarks of Sony. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.
- Ultra-bright standard 50mm lens with f/14 maximum aperture for Sony Alpha digital SLR cameras
- Maximum magnification ratio (x): 0.15x.Provides superb clarity and visual accuracy even when shooting at fully open apertures indoors
- Employs in-camera Super SteadyShot image stabilization system to minimize blur from camera
- Circular aperture for low-light shots; 15-foot minimum focus distance; 55mm filter diameter
- Measures 256 inches in diameter and 169 inches long; weighs 8 ounces
- Please note this product is only compatible with A mount cameras