Manhattan Standing USB 2.0 Smart/SIM Card Reader - 102025
Improve secured data and access protection.
Smart card technology finds popular applications in security and access control, financial transactions, medical records, loyalty programs, toll and vending collection, enterprise and single-user network sign-on and more that require secure information exchanges. Contact smart cards have a contact, or "chip," area with several contact pads that, when inserted into a Manhattan USB Standing Smart/SIM Card Reader, can authenticate the user and safely transfer information between the card and the host computer. Smart cards are utilized throughout the world, replacing less secure and less reliable barcode ID and magnetic stripe cards to provide flexible and standard transactions and strong, tamper-resistant authentication with minimal human intervention.
Quick and Easy Installation
Ideal for desktop and notebook computers without built-in readers, the Manhattan USB Standing Smart/SIM Card Reader is easily installed using any USB port and the included software and driver CD. Plug and play with Windows and Mac compatibility, it requires no external power supply or cables for a simple USB connection.
- Compatible with friction-type contact smart/SIM cards
- Ideal for transactions and applications requiring secure information exchanges
- For use with government, healthcare, banking, entertainment and more
- Supports host communication speeds up to 480 Mbps
- Sturdy and upright design - makes this a great desktop option
- Plug and play - installs quickly and easily
- Three-Year Warranty