Black Box PoE PSE Gigabit Media Converter - LPS500A-MM-LC
Frequently bought together:
Connect Gigabit-speed fiber optic to a 10-/100-/1000-Mbps copper UTP segment while also powering 802.3af devices at the end of the CAT5 run.
This PoE PSE Gigabit Media Converter from Black Box enables you to transparently connect copper cabling to multimode fiber as an economical way to extend Ethernet communications well beyond the 100-meter (327-foot) CATx limit.
Along with matching copper to interference-free fiber at Gigabit speeds, the converter doubles as power sourcing equipment (PSE) for Power over Ethernet (PoE) devices plugged in on the copper side.
- Jumbo frame support (2 KB, normal mode; 9 KB, cut-through mode).
- Supports 802.3x flow control on full-duplex ports and backpressure on 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX half-duplex ports.
- Far-end fault detection prevents the loss of valuable data from it being sent over an invalid link.
- Link fault passthrough monitors both copper and fiber receive ports for loss of signal.
- Protects against damage caused by overcurrent events and offers undercurrent detection.
- Powered device (PD) signature sending detects when a PoE device is connected.
- A low-cost, economical solution for powering PoE devices over the same CATx link used for data communications.