- UL® Listed for use in Class 1 Division 2 hazardous areas.
- NEMA TS-2 rated for use in transportation applications.
- Routes Modbus traffic based on Modbus ID, and remaps conflicting Modbus IDs.
- Offers Modbus messaging priority control, selectable by source or function code.
- Features a built-in Web server and easy-to-use management software.
- Can be easily integrated into most Modbus network configurations.
- Converts ASCII to RTU as well as ASCII or RTU to Modbus TCP.
- Features a DB9 port and terminal block for serial connections.
- Equipped with a 10-/100-Mbps port for TCP connectivity.
- Boasts high throughput with low latency.
- Slim IP30 enclosure saves you on DIN rail space.
- Includes a DIN mounting clip and spring.
Translating older and newer protocols, the 1-Port Modbus Hardened Serial Server converts mismatched serial baud rates and settings, enabling the serial Modbus device to become a node on your Ethernet network. Older PLCs can then talk to newer sensors, meters, scales, and other industrial monitoring and automation instruments.
Configuration can be done through a direct serial connection or via the network, so you can improve productivity and cut down on the amount of time required to troubleshoot a serial device on a factory floor or in a remote location. Configure devices, upgrade firmware, and more-all this from the comfort of your office.
A simple-to-install, user-friendly software application enables programming. No time-consuming setup is required. The software also features Modbus messaging priority control and allows management through mUL®tiple TCP/IP client sessions. The serial server can be configured for TCP client or server operation.
A built-in traffic monitor provides instant verification of a successfUL® installation, and you can view the serial server's operational status in real time.
The 1-Port Modbus Hardened Serial Server has a standard DB9 serial port for RS-232 device connections and a removable terminal block for an RS-422 or RS-485 device connection. It also has an autodetecting 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX port for the Ethernet network connection.
Either device on either side can be a Modbus master or slave, customizable to your application. A serial master can be configured to control an IP slave, for instance. Also, a serial slave device can be accessed over a LAN or WAN by up to 16 simUL®taneous Modbus TCP masters.
- Provides a gateway between Modbus® TCP and Modbus ASCII or RTU devices.
- Software selectable for RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485.
- UL® certified for use in Class 1, Div.2 hazardous environments.
- Operating Temperature -40 to +176° F (-40 to 80° C).
- Autosensing 10-/100-Mbps Ethernet port.
- Completely manageable through any Web browser.
- Allows older PLCs and similar devices to talk to newer TCP sensors and meters.
- Enables you to monitor a serial industrial device from your office.
- Rugged design for operation in a wide temperature range.